Terms for sea and inland Waterways
• These consist of the following four terms
• CFR – Cost and Freight to
• CIF – Cost, Insurance and Freight to all are to the named port of destination
• FAS – Free alongside ship
• FOB – Free on Board all are to a named port of shipment.
Delivered at Terminal (DAT) Definition
• Term may be used for all transport modes
• Seller delivers when the goods, once unloaded from the arriving means of transport, are placed at the disposal of the buyer at a named terminal at the named port or place of destination.
• “Terminal” includes quays, warehouses, container yard or road, rail or air terminal.
• Both parties should agree the terminal and if possible a point within the terminal at which point the risks will transfer from the seller to the buyer of the goods.
• If it is intended that the seller is to bear all the costs and responsibilities from the terminal to another point DAP or DDP may apply.